Join us at one of our events! For the latest updates, add us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.
As part of observance of the American Heart Month, LKS, NCPA, and APhA-OHH hosted Healthy Heart Awareness Event. This event specifically focused on educating Rutgers pharmacy students with cardiovascular diseases and shared perspectives of professionals from relevant fields regarding ways to prevent heart diseases.
1. Dr. Naana Boachie: PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Resident at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center
2. Dr. Abhishek Sharma: Serves on editorial board and reviewer for national and international medical journals; Clinical research in the field of coronary artery disease and transcatheter valve therapies
3. Dr. Amanda LeBlanc: Associate Professor in the Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at the University of Louisville
4. Dr. Mary Cordon: Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist for the Heart and Vascular Center at Yale New Haven Health System
5. Dr. Michelle Cottino: Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist
6. Dr. Giaquinto: Ambulatory Care/Cardiology Clinical Pharmacist
7. Dr. Aisha Kourouma: Stress Test Technician at Englewood Health’s Heart and Vascular Association
8. Dr. Heather Lyons: PGY-2 Cardiology Pharmacy Resident at Yale New Haven Hospital
Promoting Healthy Lungs: A Lung Cancer Awareness Event, an event co-hosted by LKS, NCPA, and APhA-OSC/OHL and co-sponsored by NJSHP, educated the audience about lung cancer and promoted the significance of healthy lungs.
1. Dr. Salma Jabbour: Vice Chair of Clinical Research and Faculty Development and Clinical Chief in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
2. Dr. Jessie Yanxiang Guo: Resident Member at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey and Associate Professor in the Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center
3. Dr. Sharon Pine: Associate Professor in the Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology
4. Dr. Kim: Clinical Assistant Professor at Rutgers EMSOP and Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Leukemia at Hackensack University Medical Center
5. Dr. Tyler Redelico: Oncology Pharmacist and a current Medical Science Liaison at AstraZeneca
DIA and LKS hosted the UNC Fellowship Program Information Session during which two current fellows, Dr. Riddhi Virparia, Rutgers (and LKS) Alumnus, and Dr. Eric Mui gave a presentation on the program and spoke about their experience as fellows. They then opened up the event for discussion and the audience was given the opportunity to ask any questions they had about the fellowship program and pharmaceutical industry in general.
Field of Pharmers is an event hosted by NCPA, LKS, IPhO, NJSHP, Rho Chi. It is an opportunity for students at EMSOP to learn about potential career paths that you can take after graduation.
1. Dr. Josiah Bunting: Owner and PIC at Bunting Family Pharmacy
2. Dr. Nicole Braccio: Policy Director at National Patient Advocate Foundation
3. Dr. Jaclyn Keene: PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Resident
4. Dr. Justin Nguyen: Clinical Pharmacist at Parkway Pharmacy
5. Dr. Caitlin Kulig: Clinical Cardiology Pharmacist at St. Joseph's
6. Dr. Elizabeth Booth: Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology Post-Doctoral Fellow at Daiichi Sankyo
7. Dr. Rebecca Shin: Global Regulatory Strategy Post-Doctoral Fellow at Bristol-Myers Squibb
This annual event in October will allow you to learn about Breast Cancer from the perspective of various healthcare professionals and survivors!
1. Diane Uniman: Breast cancer survivor; author of the book "Bonjour, Breast Cancer–I’m Still Smiling!...Wit, Wisdom and Optimism for Beating the Breast Cancer Blues"
2. Dr. Firas Eladoumikdachi: Program Director, Rutgers CINJ at Hamilton; Assistant professor of Surgery at Division of Surgical Oncology, Rutgers RWJ Medical School
3. Dr. Gloria Bachmann: Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Medicine and Associate Dean for Women's Health, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; Director, Women's Health Institute
4. Jacquelyn Lauria: Advanced Practice Nurse, Stacy Goldstein Cancer Center
5. Srigowri Kota: Nurse Clinician with the Breast Oncology group, Stacy Goldstein Cancer Center
The Working Woman is a Webinar Panel event featuring female leaders in the healthcare field, discussing the current work atmosphere, obstacles of gender inequality, and achievements for the present-day working women. This event will allow students to listen to firsthand experiences of the professionals, receiving the chance to hear their personal journeys, struggles, and achievements. We also encourage you to bring your own questions as well!
Dipali Yeh, MS
Ellen Zambo Anderson, PT, PhD, GCS
Hae Yon Lee, PharmD
Lauren Aleksunes, PharmD, PhD, DABT
Sri Kota, MSN, BA, RN, OCN
To "APPE or not APPE," that is the question for pharmacy students! CPNP and LKS invite you to our annual APPE rotations information session, with a focus on psychiatry this year! At this event, students can hear from a psychiatric pharmacist, current P4s, and alumnus about what to expect on psych rotations and any advice they have for us! Please come prepared with questions about APPEs and/or psychiatry, as there will be an opportunity for Q&A afterward.
Megha Shah, Pharm.D. Candidate, Class of 2019
Mei Liu, Pharm.D., BCPP
Melanie Chen, Pharm.D., R.Ph
Su Jin Cappello, Pharm.D. Candidate, Class of 2019
Do you want professional advice on getting an internship? Do you want your resume critiqued by successful professionals in academia, industry and other fields as well as experienced upperclassmen from our very own program? Do you want any tips for asking recommendation letters? AMCP and LKS are having an Interview & Resume Workshop where we have invited a panel of professionals to ask questions to as well as upperclassmen to critique your resume! You will gain valuable insight regarding:
How to search for and apply to internships
How to be an ideal candidate
Tips for getting a good recommendation letter
Want to kick off 2017 Fall semester right? Come out to Leaders in Rx, an annual event hosted by LKS! Current leaders from major pharmacy organizations and special guest speaker will be invited to share their thoughts on leadership, how they achieved their position and how that experience influenced them in school and career. If you are looking for opportunities to get more involved or want general advice in joining organizations, this will be right for you!
Su Jin Cappello
Have no fear because at RX Rotations, you'll hear from current P4s who have completed rotations in fields such as industry, clinical, managed care, health economics, and more. Each speaker will share their personal experiences from their rotation sites and then we will open the event up to Q&A from the audience. Come prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask the questions that you really want to ask.
Dr. Patrick Bridgeman
Dr. Lucio Volino
Dr. Joseph Cruz
Dr. Caitlin McCarthy
CURRENT P4 STUDENTS: